Autumnal Hot Drinks Recipes
November has arrived. We can now officially say a big hello to the cold weather and dark nights that are drawing in. It’s the perfect time of year for wrapping up warm, snuggling under a blanket and grabbing a nice hot drink to give you that extra bit of warmth.
Hot drinks are essential during Autumn. Whether you’re stood outside watching the sky light up with fireworks or commuting to work on a cold November morning, they’re perfect for getting cosy and most importantly, they’re delicious!
Below we’ve listed 3 recipes for some perfect Autumnal drinks that you can create yourself:
1. Add some sugar to the bottom of a mug as well as 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
2. Add a splash of milk (around 1-2 tablespoons) and stir until there aren’t any lumps and it creates a smooth mixture.
3. Slowly stir in the remaining milk (1 -2 cups) and then place the mug in the microwave for 1 minute.
4. Remove, stir and place it back in for a further 30 seconds.
1. Pour 2 cups of almond milk (or any milk of your choice) into a saucepan, add ¼ teaspoon of ginger, ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of cloves and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
2. Whisk the mixture and then heat over a medium-high heat, stirring regularly until the mixture is hot.
3. Pour the mixture into a mug of your choice and enjoy.
Salted Caramel Frappucino
1. Add the follow ingredients to a blender and blend for a few seconds until mixed together:
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate topping
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel topping
- pinch salt
2. Add 12 ice cubes to the mixture and blend until smooth then pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.
Now that you’ve got an autumnal hot drink recipe sorted, all you need is the perfect mug to pour it into and enjoy it from. Below are just a few of our very own favourite mugs for this cold season!
Love Team OE x
Leave a comment