What To Write In A Wedding Card - 72 Wedding Messages
Who doesn’t love a wedding? A beautiful couple in love, getting dressed up, food, drink, and possibly some questionable dancing!
Your friends or family members are due to be married and you want to find the perfect wedding message for your card to them. When you attend a wedding, it’s always a thoughtful act to take a gift and card along for the newly wed couple. A wedding is a huge milestone in a couples life, so expressing your congratulations to them is important, especially if you are a wedding guest attending the big day!
However, coming up with a special and personal wedding message can prove tricky, and is often left to the last moment when you’re putting on your dress or suit. If you do struggle with what to write in a wedding card, then this extensive list of wedding wishes is for you. Our wedding best wishes list include personal, heartfelt, witty, and funny wedding messages to add in your greeting card.
Heartfelt wedding messages
This is such an important day for the happy couple. When the wedding is finished and the dust has settled, the happy couple will no doubt read all of the lovely wedding cards to relive the day. Make them smile (and possibly cry) with heartfelt congratulations and best wishes.
- Wishing you all the happiness and love in the world.
- You two are perfect for each other.
- You’ve both found your soul mates.
- A love like yours is rare.
- Thank you for inviting us to share your special day with you.
- Honoured to witness you lovely people get married.
- You got hitched! Many heartfelt congratulations to you both.
- This is just the start, to two of the most wonderful people I know.
- What a wedding this will be. Thrilled to share it with you.
- A toast to my favourite couple. Years of happiness to come.
- Big love on your big day.
- I can’t wait to watch you two say ‘I do’.
- Here’s to years of happiness, love, and fun.
- Congratulations to the happy couple.
- So incredibly happy for you.
- Hooray for you both! You tied the knot.
- Best wishes for your future together.
- You two are so great together.
Funny wedding messages
Maybe sending a loved up wedding card isn’t for you. You might be sending a card to your best friend and his new wife, so maybe going into the beauty of marriage might not work for you. The list of funny messages for wedding cards below is a great place to start.
- I seriously didn’t think she would go through with it - Congratulations to you both!
- Congratulations on your big day! I’m going to get so drunk!
- Thank you for the food and booze… and the wedding itself!
- You two weirdos found each other - congrats!
- Marriage is where one of you is always right… and the other one of you is the husband.
- Time to get on the dance floor and dance really badly.
- I apologise in advance for getting too drunk at your wedding.
- So you didn’t get cold feet in the end. Well done!
- You get married, I’ll get drunk. Win win.
- Congrats and all that. Now what time is the food coming out?
- Let’s get this wedding started!
Messages for a wedding that has been postponed
So, a wedding has finally come about after being postponed several times. The engaged couple must be feeling so relieved to have got their friends and family together, finally!
- We finally got there! Congrats on your big day!
- We’ll make your wedding one to remember now!
- Good things come to those who wait. So this wedding will be amazing!
- It’s about time! Congratulations to you two!
- I’ve been waiting for this day.... not all my life, but a long time still.
When you are unable to attend a wedding
Unfortunately you’re unable to attend their wedding, but nonetheless you should still send them a card to wish them well on their big day.
- So sorry I couldn’t be there to celebrate with you. Congratulations!
- I can’t wait to hear all about it.
- I’m looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful photos.
- Thinking of you both on your wedding day.
- A magical day which I’m sad to have missed. Congratulations.
- I wish I could have been there today.
- Sorry we were unable to attend, but we’ll make it up to you.
Using a quote in your cards is a sure fire way to stand out from the crowd. Use one of the wedding quotes below.
- "I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me." -Pablo Neruda, Your Feet
- “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.” Dwight Moody
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” Dr. Seuss
- "I love you right up to the moon-and back." -Sam McBratney, Guess How Much I Love You
- “Love me and the world is mine.” David Reed
- “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” The Great Gatsby
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” AA Milne
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” John Green
- ” I swear I couldn’t love you more than i do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” Leo Christopher
- “You are my sun, my moon and all of my stars.” E.E Cummings
- “It has made me better loving you…it has made me wiser, and easier, and brighter.” Henry James
- “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” William Shakespeare
- “You don’t have to see the whole stair case, just take the first step.” Martin Luther King
- “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” Emily Bronte
- “It was a million tiny little things. When you added them all up, it just meant we were supposed to be together.” Sleepless in Seattle
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.” Jeremy Taylor
- “True love stories never have endings.” Richard Bach
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” Maya Angelou
- “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” The Notebook
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle, philosopher
- "Love must be as much a light as it is a flame." -Henry David Thoreau, author and poet
- "Hold my hand and we are halfway there, hold my hand and I'll take you there." -Maria, character from West Side Story
- "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." -Anatole France, French writer
- "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." -The Beatles, "The End"
- “When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” Arrigo Boito
- “When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” When Harry Met Sally
- “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." -Plato, Symposium
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." -Audrey Hepburn, actress
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars" -E.E. Cummings
- "Some people are worth melting for." -Olaf, character from Frozen
Looking for the perfect wedding card? Then have a look at our wedding card collection.
Leave a comment