What To Write In A New Job Card - 62 Different Messages
Your friend, family member, or colleague is off on a new adventure and landed their new job. Sending them a card to celebrate their new role is a thoughtful way to acknowledge this. Getting a new job is a very exciting moment for anyone, it’s the next step on their career path.
Coming up with the perfect wording for a new job card can be difficult, but we’ve created a list of new job messages to cover you for any relationship you have with the person. Perhaps they are a friend or family member landing their dream job, or perhaps it’s someone in the office that you don’t really know. Don’t worry! Simply select one of the new job messages below, and personalise it with any additional information you have on the person.
Short, simple, and sweet new job messages
Keeping it short and sweet is a good option for writing in a card, especially if you don’t know the person that well. No one wants to read an essay in their card, and often in a card that is passed around the office there is very limited space to write your message. Below are our examples of short new job messages.
- Congrats on your new role!
- Well done on your new job!
- You deserve this. Well done!
- We will miss you!
- They are so lucky to have you.
- A new adventure for you!
- All the best and keep in touch!
- Always knew you’d get it. Congrats!
- A new job, new city, new life. Amazing news!
- Wishing you plenty of success in your new job.
- So, so happy for you!
- You smashed it!
Funny new job messages
Perhaps you have a joking relationship with this person. They might be a brother or sister, or even a colleague that has become a close friend over the years. Choose one of our funny new job best wishes to add to the inside of your card to make them laugh and smile.
- You escaped!
- They didn’t think you were weird in the interview? Wow.
- Another desk to sleep on.
- You’re leaving? I didn’t even know you worked here.
- You’re now an adult.
- New job! So can you pay me back now?
- Drinks are on you. Let’s get drunk!
- This isn’t the end. I know where you live.
- You made terrible cups of tea. Bon voyage!
- I’ll miss our water cooler chats.
- I give it a week.
- Good luck… to your new colleagues!
- Take me with you.
- Don’t leave me!
- I am soooo jealous. Congratulations!
Sentimental and Heartfelt New Job Messages
These new job messages would normally be used for those that you have a close relationship to - a close friend, family member, or even a colleague that has become a dear friend over the years. Personalise these messages with something that you are proud of, that you’ll miss about them, or why you are so happy for them.
- We couldn’t be any prouder of you.
- Happy new job! It couldn’t have happened to a more well deserving person.
- Your new colleagues don’t know how lucky they are to have you. Best wishes on your new job from all of us here.
- You smash everything you do, and you’ll smash this new job!
- An amazing new job for an amazing person. You’ll be missed.
- You’ve done so well to get here - the world is your oyster!
- Started as a colleague. Leaving as a friend. I’ll miss you.
- Thank you for your hard work and support over the years.
- You are such a hard working person, an incredible friend, and a wonderful colleague. I will miss you, but I know it’s not the end!
- Please do keep in touch. You’ve become a dear friend over the years. Wishing you all the luck in the world.
Best Wishes On New Promotion
Sometimes it won’t be a new job, but instead a promotion within the company. How do you congratulate on a new promotion though? Choose one of our messages below.
- Congratulations! On your way to the top. Don’t forget us down here!
- Congrats on your new promotion! You deserve it
- I know how hard you worked for this!
- Knew you could do it. Well done on your promotion.
- Congratulations boss!
- Keep climbing that ladder to the top. Well done!
- Best wishes on your new promotion.
New Job Quotes
Maybe you’d prefer to write down a quote related to a new job, promotion or working. Choose one from the list below.
- "Opportunities don't happen, you create them." — Chris Grosser
- "The more you do stuff, the better you get at dealing with how you still fail at it a lot of the time." — John Mulaney
- "Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back." — Babe Ruth
- "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." — William James
- "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." — Theodore Roosevelt
- "The best way to predict the future is to create it." — Abraham Lincoln
- "Be open to the amazing changes which are occurring in the field that interests you." — Leigh Steinberg
- "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out." — Robert Collier
- "Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way." — Charles Bukowski
- "Starting a new job can be nerve-racking, but it's also exciting. You're embarking on a new future, positioning yourself to write a fresh story on a clean slate." — Adena Friedman
- "Risk something or forever sit with your dreams." — Herb Brooks
- "Every single job is a challenge. You are walking into a new set, a new character, creating a world and trying to get comfortable to do your best work." — Felicia Day
- "It is never too late to be what you might have been." — George Eliot
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle." — Steve Jobs
- "If we all did the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves." — Thomas Edison
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!" — Henry David Thoreau
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." — Milton Berle
- "I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions." — Stephen Covey
- "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I'm possible'!" — Audrey Hepburn
Leave a comment