What To Write In A Get Well Card - 71 Get Well Messages
Finding the words to write in a get well card can often be the trickiest to get right. The reason for giving a get well card is to wish a speedy recovery to those who are unwell, have been in an accident, or have had a recent operation. A get well card can be a morale booster, and may be a smile to those that are going through a tough period. This can be a sensitive time, so coming up with the best get well wishes is important.
If you’re struggling to think of get well messages to write in your card and don’t want to come across as insensitive, then pick from the options below. Our list of get well best wishes includes funny, simple, caring, and playful options.
Choosing the right tone for your get well card will depend on the recipient, your relationship with them, and the reason for the get well card and severity of their circumstances. Hopefully our list of get well wishes will help make it easier for you to write a card and comfort the recipient.
Simple Get Well Messages
Your get well messages don’t need to be long essays. The recipient might have a small amount of energy and is unlikely to read a lengthy card. Sometimes a short and sweet message is all that is needed to brighten up their day and let them know you are thinking of them.
- Get well soon - we miss you terribly.
- Thinking of you - wishing for a speedy recovery.
- Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
- Sending lots of love to you right now.
- Sending lots of love and strength at this moment.
- You’ll soon be back on your feet!
- Healing thoughts to you.
- Take extra good care!
- Wishing you well.
- Hope you feel better soon.
- Miss you!
- Hope each day you feel better and better.
- Take time to rest and heal.
- Take it slow and easy right now.
- Warmest wishes and a speedy recovery.
Funny Get Well Messages
You may have a joking relationship with the recipient, or the severity of their circumstances may not be that great. Perhaps you know that the recipient appreciates humour, and that a card that makes them laugh will go a long way. Use with caution though, and be sensitive to the recipient's condition and state of mind.
- All this for time off work? Wishing you a speedy recovery
- To the clumsiest person I know. Get better soon!
- With that eye patch you look like you’re auditioning as a pirate!
- Laughter is the best medicine? They haven’t tried morphine.
- You’ll be ok soon. The virus will be bored soon!
- If anyone was going to break a leg it was you.
- I think you’re enjoying this attention a bit too much!
- All this for some extra attention.
- I know you wanted to meet a doctor, but this is ridiculous!
- Hope you’re enjoying the hospital food.
- Hope you get better soon - the washing is piling up!
- Get better soon and stop milking it!
- I never thought I’d ever say this - but I miss you.
Get Well Messages For Family or Friends
With family and friends, you may wish to add more of a heartfelt message to them. Personalise the messages below with something you’re missing about the person. A good get well message should express love, support, and gratitude towards the recipient.
- You mean the world to us - hoping you feel better soon.
- Home has been so much quieter without you - we miss you and wish you a speedy recovery!
- Sending extra love, hugs, and kisses to you. Can’t wait to see you.
- You’re in our thoughts and prayers - we love and miss you.
- Hope you feel better soon - we miss you too much, so get home soon!
- You’ve been through so much, but the road ahead is brighter. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
- Just to let you know we are all thinking of you so much.
- Glad to hear you are safe, and on the road to recovery. Love you.
- We can’t wait to see you back on your feet. We miss you so much. Get better quickly!
- All of us at home are rooting for you and can’t wait to see you back on your feet in no time.
Get Well Messages For A Child
Perhaps it is a child you are writing a get well card to. Use this as an opportunity to encourage and support them.
- You are a trooper. Get well soon!
- You are so strong! Get better soon.
- You are our superhero!
- Enjoy this time off school!
- You never liked those tonsils anyway!
- You’ll be home playing with your toys soon.
- Your brother and sister miss you so much!
- My little princess - you are so brave and strong. We love you.
- My little soldier - you are so brave and strong. We love you.
- Ouch! You were so brave and we all hope you get better soon!
Adding in An Offer Of Help To Your Get Well Card
While people are unwell or in hospital, it’s unlikely they will be able to keep on top of their household chores or shopping. Offer a helping hand to them in their time of need. Some people won’t like to ask for help, so adding it in a card is a great way to approach the topic of offering help.
- Get well soon! If you need us to walk Max we would be more than happy to.
- I will be your personal taxi driver whenever you need.
- I’ll pick up your cleaning for you.
- You call and I’ll be there!
- I’ll cut your lawn, wash the dishes, and do the shopping. Just focus on getting better!
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy my cooking!
- You’ll have your own chef in me until you’re better.
- Let me be there for you, as you have been there for me.
- Don’t worry about anything - I’ve got you!
- I want to be there for you - just focus on getting better.
Get Well Quotes
Wish them well with a get well quote:
- “The best of healers is good cheer.” – Pindus
- “Here’s us hoping avidly, your recovery will be trouble-free and very soon we shall see you fit as fit can be.” – Jon Bratton
- “There is one consolation in being sick, and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When I see the moon I think of you so get well soon and you’ll be good as new.” – Ellice Booth
- “I am praying that you have the strength and the peace to get you through your illness.” – Blake Flannery
- “Okay, so today you are feeling low. But soon you will be better you know. Listen to the doctors you meet and before you know it you’ll be back on your feet.” – C. Pulsifer
- “Get well cards have become so humorous that if you don’t get sick you’re missing half the fun.” – Flip Wilson
- “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert Humphrey
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “This too shall pass.” – Persian Sufi Poets
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis.
Leave a comment