What To Write In A Thinking Of You Card - 96 Different Messages
Sending a card to a friend or loved one to let you know you are thinking about them is one of the most thoughtful things you can do. Just a simple card can brighten up their day with the right words of support. Typically ‘thinking of you’ cards are sent at a time when support and love is needed to overcome a tough time. However, thinking of you cards can be used to celebrate someone’s happy news, or to wish the recipient good luck (e.g. thinking of you for your upcoming exams).
Ever wondered what thinking of you card messages to write? Well knowing what to say isn’t always as easy as you might think. Do you opt for a full on heartfelt message, or do you try to add humour to your message. Well, we’ve created a list of messages to use as reference for any occasion. You can use the list as a starting point, to then add a more personalised touch with some information about the recipient.
Thinking Of You Messages for Serious Illness or Diagnosis
When a family member or friend has received news on a serious illness, it is an incredibly difficult and challenging time for them. Emotions will be high, and it may seem impossible to think of the right words to let them know they are in your thoughts. Hopefully one of the below messages for thinking of you cards will help as a starting point.
- You are an inspiration to us all.
- So sorry to hear of your news. Be strong.
- Stay strong and look after yourself.
- I am here whenever you need support.
- Sending you our heartfelt condolences at this difficult time.
- Keep fighting. We’re here whenever you need us.
- We will stand with you through this. No matter what.
- You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you so much love.
Thinking Of You Messages of Sympathy
The definition of sympathy is the act of feeling sorrow for someone else’s misfortune. You can feel sympathy for any number of reasons - perhaps your friend is going through a break up, lost their job, failed their exams, or received some sad news. Getting the right words to explain your sympathy is so important. You should express love and support for the recipient at this difficult time. Choose one of our messages of sympathy to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Here for you at this difficult time.
- Whenever you need to talk, I’m here.
- You are in our thoughts.
- This is just a blip. Things will be ok.
- Sending healing hugs.
- Sending love at this challenging time.
- Thinking of you at this difficult time. We all miss them.
- They were an incredible person. We will all miss them.
- May you find comfort in the memories you have with them.
- Sending so much love at this incredibly difficult time.
- You are in our thoughts and prayers.
- If we can do anything, please let us know. You are always in our thoughts
- I’m so sorry for your loss. You are always in our thoughts.
Thinking Of You Messages to Make Them Smile
Sometimes humour is the best remedy. Making someone smile with some simple words is a skill in itself, and if you are able to do it with a card then it can brighten up their day.Remember to use humour with caution with any sensitive subject - while you may have a joking relationship with the recipient, they may be in the wrong state of mind for a joke at what might feel is at their expense.
- When life gives you lemons, make a gin and tonic.
- When all else fails, eat chocolate.
- You’re in my inappropriate thoughts.
- Imagine that this card is a little paper hug, from me to you. Sorry about the paper cuts.
- Sorry that the world is being a pain in the bum at the moment.
- I miss your annoying face.
- I’m here for you… and your plants if they need watering.
- I’m here for you - and the free wine when you fancy a drink.
- Sorry everything's rubbish right now. Shall we get drunk?
- Wine will help you get through this. Lot’s of wine.
- Fancy a talk and a cup of positivi-tea
Thinking Of You Messages to Say I Miss You
What should you say on a thinking of you card when you miss the recipient? Maybe the person is in a different country or city, and you’re unable to comfort them in person. The list of messages below should be relevant to this situation.
- I wish I could fly over to see you.
- I miss your face!
- This card could never represent how much I miss you.
- Longing to hug you.
- Your face. Your smell. Your voice. I miss it all so much.
- However far away you are, know that I am always thinking of you.
- Though we may be far, my love is never ending for you.
- I’m counting the days until we see each other again.
- Can’t stop thinking about you - we all miss you so much!
- Wish you were here!
- Wish I could be there with you to give you the biggest hug.
- I’m always here for you on the other end of a phone line whenever you need to talk.
- I would swim oceans to be with you right now.
Thinking Of You Messages for Empowerment
Send them some positive and motivational messages to help them on their way through this difficult time.
- I see one hell of a strong women,
- Nothings going to stop you now.
- You are stronger than this.
- The world doesn’t know what’s going to hit it.
- She believed she could, so she did.
- Keep going - you’ve got this!
- We grow through what we go through.
- Know your worth!
- You are stronger than you think.
- Have courage and conquer all.
- Brighter days are on their way.
- You are strong as hell.
- If anyone can get through this - it’s you!
Thinking Of You Messages to Say Get Well Soon
Perhaps you are wanting to send a message to a friend or family member to get well. It may be that they’ve had a less serious illness or accident, but you want to wish them well and a speedy recovery.
- Thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery.
- Thinking of you! If anyone was going to break a leg it was you!
- Feel better soon. Here if you need some help.
- I’ll be happy to do your shopping, cooking, or driving. Just let me know.
- Get well soon. We need you back on the dance floor!
- Take this time to rest and heal.
- Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. Hoping you feel back to normal soon.
- Time for some chocolate and wine. Give me a call whenever you need.
- Put your feet up and chill. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
- You better be taking it easy when you get home! Thinking of you always.
- Plenty of tea, cake, and chocolate will have you feeling better in no time.
- I have a cure for that. Wine and chocolate. Get well soon!
Thinking Of You Messages for A Negative Event
Perhaps the recipient is a victim of a car crash, burglary, or accident. The below messages should help as a starting point.
- So sorry this has happened to you.
- I’ve been in this situation before. If you need help, do let me know.
- Thinking of you this week.
- So sorry for your string of bad luck recently. Thinking of you.
- It’s hard to see right now, but brighter days are coming. Stay strong.
- So sad to hear your bad news this week. If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.
- The future is bright. Just remember that.
Thinking Of You Messages for A Positive Event
Thinking of you cards isn't always for an unfortunate event. Sometimes you may have been thinking of the recipient and their positive news.
- We’ve been thinking of you. Well done!
- Congratulations on your exciting news!
- You’ll smash these exams! Go get ‘em!
- Thinking of you on your next adventure. Good luck.
- Wishing you all the luck in the world.
Thinking Of You Quotes
If you are struggling to think what to say in a thinking of you card, then say it with a simple and thoughtful quote instead. Select one of our ‘thinking of you’ quotes from the list below.
- “When I think of you, I think of kindness, wisdom, and love. Thanks for being you.” — Sam Crow
- “Just thought I’d let you know I’ve been thinking of you. So I thought I’d brighten up your day and bring a smile to you, praying God will touch your life in a more meaningful way and that you’ll feel the warmth of God, today and every day. — M.S. Lowndes
- “Words fall short whenever I want to tell you how special you are to me, but all I can say is, that my world is full of smiles whenever I think of you.”— Natalie Anderson
- “I can go days without talking to you, months without seeing you, but not a second goes by that I’m not thinking about you.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
- “I saw two fallen branches in the shape of a heart. Thought of you.” — Stephanie Perkins
- “I love her, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Do you know I never ever feel bored, never ever feel lonely, because you are always in my thoughts, morning, afternoon and night.”— Mitch Cuento
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.”— Virginia Woolf
- “One day I caught myself smiling for no reason, then I realized I was thinking of you.” — Rahul
- “Sometimes me think, ‘what is friend?’ and then me say, Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.” — Cookie Monster
- “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
- “The one good thing about not seeing you is that I can write you letters.” — Svetlana Alliluyeva
- “If I have a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” — Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- “My heart dances with joy when I think about you.” — Debasish Mridha
Looking for the perfect thinking of you card? Then have a look at our thinking of you card collection.