What to Write In A New Baby Card - 76 New Born Messages
Your friends or family have welcomed a very special and new arrival into their lives. Sending a card is the perfect way to acknowledge and celebrate a new baby, but do you know what to write in a new baby card?
Help is on hand, and we’ve created a list of our favourite messages for new baby cards.
Short, Sweet, And Simple New Baby Card Messages
Keeping it short and sweet is always a good option when writing cards. Greeting cards are often used to acknowledge and celebrate occasions, such as a new baby, so there is no need to write an essay. Below are our favourite short new arrival messages.
- Welcome to the world, little one.
- So happy for your new family.
- A beautiful addition to your family.
- Congratulations on your new arrival.
- Let the adventure begin.
- Cherish this new chapter.
- Congratulations. Your life will never be the same.
- A magical journey has just begun.
- So happy for you three.
- What a very lucky baby!
- Really happy for you both.
- Well done on creating a mini human.
- Welcome new baby!
- Good luck on your newest adventure.
Heartfelt New Baby Card Messages
Welcoming a new baby is a magical time in a person's life. Writing a beautiful and thoughtful new baby message would be perfect for this occasion. Select one of the below messages, and personalise them based on the parents.
- Wishing you a lifetime of memories together as a 3.
- Say hello to parenthood and goodbye to your childhood! Get ready for life’s most special challenge – and all the amazing moments that come with it. You’ll both be amazing parents.
- Simply perfect. We couldn’t be any happier for your new family.
- What a lucky baby - we can’t wait to see their beautiful smile.
- Your new addition has brightened up our world. Many congratulations.
- No doubt you two will be the best parents ever. Your new baby is so lucky.
- What an adventure you are about to embark on. But I can’t think of any two people better suited to becoming parents.
- Thrilled to hear your exciting news. Can’t wait to meet your beautiful new baby.
- Congratulations! We hope the birth of your beautiful new baby will be the beginning of an incredibly wonderful journey for you and your family.
- Your new arrival will change your world for the better.
- So pleased to hear your amazing news. We are so excited to meet your newest family member.
- Congratulations! So pleased to hear the wonderful news on your new arrival. Wishing you many happy memories together.
Funny New Baby Card Messages
Depending on the relationship you have with the parents, you may opt for the funny new baby message route. If that’s the case, then use one of the below. Use with caution, as new parents are bound to feel tired and fragile - so a joke may backfire!
- You made a tiny person!
- Welcome to the no sleep gang.
- Bring on the sleepless nappies.
- Your baby is cuter than any other!
- Sleep is so overrated anyway.
- Goodbye tummy - hello mummy.
- We’ll see you in 18 years.
- Time to swap the Prosecco for multiple coffees.
- You didn’t like sleep anyway, right?
- Congratulations on your new alarm clock.
- Let’s do something fun in 18 years time.
- Drinking a hot drink is a thing of the past.
- Welcome to the world, milk monster.
- Your mummy blogger career starts now!
- Can’t wait to see a million photos of your new baby.
- Let the noise begin!
- Congratulations on your new role - full time nappy changer.
- Congratulations on the successful combination of DNA.
- People who say they sleep like a baby certainly don’t have children.
New Baby Messages For Grandparents
Sending a card to new grandparents is often a lovely way to congratulate them on the newest additions to their family. Becoming a grandparent is a huge step in someone's life, and worthy of being celebrated. Choose one of the newborn messages below for grandparents.
- Congratulations on your ever growing family!
- You’ll be the best grandparents ever.
- Wishing you the best on this new chapter in your family.
- Ready for grandparents duties? Congratulations!
- Time to pass down some of that wisdom.
New Baby Quotes
Sometimes it’s better to say congratulations with a quote instead. Add one of the quotes below to your new born baby card for a big impact.
- “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” — Tina Brown
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
- “Welcome to the world, little one. So thrilled that you arrived safely! See you soon!”
- “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
- “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” —John Andrew Holmes
- “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” — Tina Fey
- “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” — Maurice Johnston
- “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one.” — Leo Burke
- “Make no mistake about why these babies are here—they are here to replace us.” — Jerry Seinfeld
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” —Elizabeth Stone
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” —Benjamin Spock
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” —Tina Brown
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” —Lish McBride
- “This is a place where grandmothers hold babies on their laps under the stars and whisper in their ears that the lights in the sky are holes in the floor of heaven.” —Rick Bragg
- “Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me.” —Maria Jose Ovalle
- “Perfection only exists in babies and pastries.” —Gayle Wray
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children. Now, I have six children and no theories.” —John Wilmot
- “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” —Carl Sandburg
- “It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into.” —Terri Guillemets
- “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
- “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” —Sigrid Leo
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” —Roland Leonhardt
If you're looking for the perfect new baby card, have a look at our range here.